Badminton is a sport not only played by competitive players on a badminton court but played by families and young people, for example on a camping trip, at a barbecue, a picnic or in the park.
It is fun to play and can keep the kids entertained.
A badminton set is a selection of equipment that allows a group of people to play badminton.
As badminton sets can really be only used outside when it is not windy, it is important you get the ideal one. I have therefore looked for and reviewed the best badminton sets that are around today and have ranked them in terms of their quality from reasonably okay to outstanding.
Here is the list of the badminton sets:
|12. Silver SIL-SM Combo 8 Aluminium Set|
|11. Silver Kids SIL Pedal-Combo 6 Aluminium Set|
|10. Gamecraft Badminton Set|
|9. Zume Games Portable Badminton Set|
|8. Talbot Torro Primary Fighter|
|7. Yonex Four Rackets Badminton Combo Set|
|6. Yolo Sports Game Badminton Set|
|5. Eastpoint Sports Deluxe Badminton and Volleyball Set|
|4. Baden G203-02-P2 Champions Badminton Set|
|3. Amazon Basics Outdoor Badminton and Volleyball Combo Set|
|2. Franklin Sports Classic Badminton Set|
|1. Baden Champions Badminton Volleyball Combo Set|
12. Silver SIL-SM Combo 8 Aluminium Set
This badminton set comes with four badminton rackets, 3 shuttlecocks in a tube, and a net.
- Great for casual play among beginners and the senior age group.
- It is good value for money.
- The net does not have any supporting units to accompany it.
- The rackets are not particularly durable.
- The net can be flimsy.
11. Silver Kids SIL-Pedal Combo 6 Aluminum Set
This set consists of two badminton rackets (children’s size), 3 shuttlecocks, and a net.
- It is great for recreational play for children who are too young to handle a full-length racket.
- Easy to carry as it is light weight.
- Good quality set – specifically for children – at a low price.
- The quality of the net is poor, and it does not have any poles in the set for support.
- The shuttlecocks and rackets can be prone to breaking.
10. Gamecraft Badminton Set
This set includes four tempered steel rackets, one-inch diameter steel poles, two ground sleeves, two shuttlecocks, a net, a booklet of rules, and a case to carry the equipment.
- This is a decent quality set for kids to enjoy at a low price.
- It is very easy to store and portable on trips away.
- The net can hang loosely as it is too wide.
- The poles can be flimsy and may need additional support at times.
- The shuttlecocks can break if hit hard.
9. Zume Games Portable Badminton Set
This set consists of four badminton rackets, two shuttlecocks, a net, and a carrying case which doubles up as a stand.
- It is easy to set up the net as the case acts as a stand.
- It is a good set for casual play between 2–4 people.
- The quality of the equipment is good considering the price of the set.
- It is easy to carry around.
- The shuttlecock and strings of the rackets are not that durable in comparison to more expensive rackets and shuttlecocks.
- When the case is used as a stand for the net it can sometimes fall over in windy conditions.
8. Talbot Torro Primary Fighter
The set includes two badminton rackets, two plastic shuttlecocks with a cork base in a tube, and a bag with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- This is a great set for a casual badminton game.
- Players of all age groups can play using this set.
- The set is reasonably priced for what you get.
- Included is a booklet of badminton rules which is very useful for beginners.
- The quality of the bag is poor.
- The grip on the racket can unravel, exposing the wood beneath.
7. Yonex Four Rackets Badminton Combo Set
This set includes four Yonex rackets, two nylon shuttlecocks, a set of poles, a net and a Yonex case.
- The set is fairly priced.
- The set is a decent standard for beginners or for people wanting to have a go at badminton.
- The poles and the net are of a poor quality for the price.
- The nylon shuttlecocks are not the best for long term play.
6. Yolo Sports Game Badminton Set
This is an outdoor set that includes four badminton rackets with padded grip, three shuttlecocks, a ply net with an adjuster for top net cable, two composite poles, ground stakes, and a bag in which to carry it all. The set comes with a 90-day manufacturer warranty.
- The net and pole system is easy to assemble and quite sturdy.
- This is a good set for beginners and people wanting to play casually.
- This set is great value and quality for its price.
- The grips on the rackets are prone to break.
- The set is only really suitable for people who are playing at the beginner level.
5. Eastpoint Sports Deluxe Badminton and Volleyball Set
This set comes with four steel badminton rackets, two shuttlecocks, four steel ground stakes, a net, aluminium poles, an official size volleyball and a bag for carrying. Its construction allows it to be used in any weather.
- The net height is adjustable for playing both badminton and volleyball.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is a great set for casual play.
- The shuttlecocks are not particularly durable and can break more easily than other brands of shuttlecocks.
- The poles tend to be not sufficiently sturdy.
4. Baden G203-02-P2 Champions Badminton Set
This set consists of four yellow badminton rackets, three nylon shuttlecocks, a badminton net with yellow tape for visibility, aluminium poles to hold the net up, yellow boundary lines to mark out the ‘court’ and a case with handles to carry all the equipment.
- It has high visibility yellow boundary lines and nets which make it easier when playing in fading light.
- It has a regulation-sized badminton net.
- Four rackets are included so that more than two people can play at the same time.
- All the items can be carried around in one bag with handles for easy mobility.
- The net has strong tension and is unlikely to droop on account of the guy ropes.
- The rackets can be quite fragile.
- The steel poles used to hold up the net can lack durability.
- The grips on the rackets can break easily.
3. Amazon Basics Outdoor Volleyball and Badminton Combo Set
This is a combo set that includes all the necessities for playing badminton or volleyball.
It includes four badminton rackets, three shuttlecocks, a volleyball ball, a pump for the volleyball ball, yellow boundary lines for both badminton and volleyball, heavy duty metal poles, anchors for the ropes of the net, and a rugged nylon net with waterproof tarpaulin tapes as well as a durable bag in which to carry all the equipment.
- The net is quite sturdy and won’t rip or fall if anyone accidentally hits it.
- The net is fairly easy to assemble.
- The inclusion of yellow boundary lines is a handy way of defining boundaries outdoors.
- The set represents good value for money.
- The rackets and shuttlecocks are not of elite level quality, hence are prone to break.
- The net is longer than the standard length for the game and would be slightly difficult to set up in a smaller garden/backyard.
2. Franklin Sports Classic Badminton Set
This set includes a pole system that is easy to assemble, a net, four steel badminton rackets, two nylon shuttlecocks, six stakes and ropes and a deluxe carry bag in which to carry the equipment.
- The equipment is portable and lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- It is very easy to set up. Young people should be able to set up this equipment.
- The set is great for a casual outdoor game.
- The net is weak and lacks durability for competitive play.
- The shuttlecocks are prone to break.
1. Baden Champions Volleyball Badminton Combo Set (Badminton Stats’ Number 1 Choice)
The set includes an adjustable net, five-foot one-inch steel poles to stick in the ground and adjustable guy ropes, four rackets, three nylon shuttlecocks, a volleyball, a pump, an adjustable, webbed boundary line and a nylon, weather resistant bag with handles in which to carry all the equipment.
- The best feature about this badminton set is its versatility. The net can be adjusted for volleyball and badminton.
- All the items can be carried around in one bag.
- A simple step by step guide is included for setting up the net.
- The set even includes boundary lines which you can extend and reduce, depending on whether you choose to play volleyball or badminton.
- If you do not think the net will hold up there are guy ropes you can use to make the net more secure.
- The net has strong tension and is unlikely to droop.
- The rackets are not very durable and are rather delicate.
- The set is quite expensive in comparison to the others.
In summary, I have shown you the twelve best badminton sets on the market today. Consider the different qualities in a badminton set that you are looking for to suit your lifestyle. For example, if you have very young children and you want to keep them entertained, a set like the Silver Kids SIL-Pedal Combo 6 might be best for you to purchase on account of its junior sized rackets.
On the other hand, if you are part of a large group varying in ages and interests etc., then the Baden Champions Volleyball Badminton Combo Setmight be best for you.
Have a good think and have fun! I hope this helped you.